Specialised connections called compressed air pipe fittings are used to link and direct compressed air piping systems. These fittings are essential for distributing compressed air effectively and without leaks throughout industrial buildings.
1. Two pipes are connected together using couplings.
2. Elbows: Elbows offer a change in direction, enabling pipes to pass through or switch the direction of a flow.
3. Tees: Tees divide the direction of compressed air flow into two or more.
4. Reducers: Reducers join pipes of various sizes, enabling the piping system to transition smoothly.
5. Unions: Unions are detachable fittings that make it simple to connect or disconnect a pipe system.
6. Pipes with various thread types or sizes can be connected using adapters.
To maintain the effectiveness and integrity of the compressed air system, reduce air leaks, and ensure optimal performance, compressed air pipe fittings must be properly chosen and installed.